"It is currently the main church of the town, also known as the Church of Jesus.
Originally it was the shrine of the primitive Chapel of Our Lady of Solitude, but in 1709 a new image of Jesus the Nazarene was added, brought by a devotee from Seville, and it was renamed Chapel of Our Father Jesus the Nazarene.
In 1747, thanks to the alms of the miners, it was enlarged. Afterwards, it lost this name after assuming the function of a parish in 1812 under the name of Our Lady of the Star, as a result of the destruction of the current church of San Sebastián, then the parish church of Almadén.
A fire that occurred in 1954 burned the venerated image of Jesus the Nazarene, carved in 1699. In 1955
Measures
Materials
Dating
1747
Author / Producer
Various.
Illustrations
Original use
Church
Present use
Church
Original location
Jesús Square
Present location
Jesús Square
STATE OF CONSERVATION
History of conservation:
Various refurbishments throughout its history
Present state
good
Necessary activities:
Conservation maintenance
DOCUMENTATION
Addresses /collections/links etc. where further in-depth information is accessible: